Do I need my driver’s license to make a reservation?
When making a reservation, you don’t need to write your driver’s licence number nor information, but you do need to have a valid driver’s licence with you to pick up your selected vehicle.
How old do I need to be to rent from Vars?
If you are 18 years old you can both rent and drive our vehicles, but keep in mind that those under 23 need to pay an additional young drivers fees applicable to all young drivers stated in the contract.
During pick up you need to present a valid driver’s licence, additionally drivers licences that aren’t in Latin script, for example Chinese, Japanese or Cyrillic script, need to be accompanied by an international driver’s licence.
Which credit cards do you accept?
We accept following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard.
Note: we do not accept prepaid or electron cards, travel cards, nor Visa Electron or Maestro
Can I pick a specific car model?
Although we do try to keep every clients wish in mind, sadly we cannot guarantee a specific model, only the selected car category.
Can I pick up my reservation in locations other than your offices?
We do offer such a service; however, it needs to be agreed upon 48 hours before vehicle pick up, and it is charged per our additional services price list
If I have issues during the reservation process, who can I contact?
You can always contact our customer support or one of our offices. You can find the contact info under the Contacts Section.
Do I need to reserve additional equipment before the vehicle pickup?
To be certain that the desired equipment will be available during pick up, we advise you to reserve it during the vehicle reservation process. However, according to availability you can also request it in our offices.
Can I use the rented vehicle outside of Bosnia and Herzegovina?
As our customer, you have the freedom to use the vehicle inside Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as other countries. However, in the case that you plan to use our vehicle outside the borders of Bosnia and Herzegovina a special fee is charged.
What is the minimum amount of time I can rent a vehicle for?
Our vehicles can be used for a couple of hours per your desires, however the minimum amount charged is always 24 hours. Pick up, and drop off time is always selected during the reservation process.
Is there a maximum vehicle rent period?
The maximum rent period is 30 days. However, in case of a need for a longer rent period than the one designated here, please contact our Customer support.
Can the reservation be changed before the vehicle pick up?
The pickup and drop off location as well as the model of the vehicle can be changed up to 48 hours before pick up. The pickup time can be changed up to 12 hours before pick up, and delivery services can be requested up to 48 hours before pick up.
What documents do I need to have to pick up the selected vehicle?
At vehicle pick up you need to have a valid credit card, identity card and a valid driver’s licence, additionally driver’s licences that aren’t in Latin script, for example Chinese, Japanese or Cyrillic script, need to be accompanied by an international driver’s licence.
If I cannot pick up my reserved vehicle personally, can someone else do it for me?
Sadly, only the owner of the credit card can sign the contract in his name and pick up the vehicle.
If the vehicle cannot be picked up by others, can the reservation be switched to another person?
In this case please inform our Customer support.
The client that does pick up the vehicle needs to have his personal documents (driver’s license and identity card) as well as a valid credit card
When do I pay for the rental services?
You pay for the rental services upon your vehicle drop off, while at the vehicle pick up the credit card is only authorized.
Can I leave a cash deposit?
No, sadly this is not possible.
What additional costs can occur during the rental period that are not covered by CARWIZ or additional insurance?
- Loss or theft of luggage and or personal items from the vehicle
- Parking tickets or fines, traffic violations and such
- Costs due to refuelling with the wrong fuel type
- Expenses for lost, stolen or damaged car keys
- Expenses for lost, stolen or damaged car documents
- Expenses due to negligence – empty battery
- Expenses due to damage to the car’s interior
- Costs of lost equipment (spare tire, tire repair kit, bunker shelves, document etui, driver’s manual)
- Expenses due to damage to additional equipment
- Expenses due to car misuse
- Expenses due to ignoring instruction for car maintenance stated in the cars service book
- Expenses to the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Costs of car extraction from inaccessible areas (e.g. extraction from mud due to traveling outside regular road infrastructure)
- Expenses incurred by using dirt roads
- Expenses incurred by car racing or cars participation in sport events
- Expenses due to overburdening the car with people or cargo
- Damage costs caused by a person not stated in the contract as the main or additional driver
- Costs created in cases when the main driver or additional driver stated In the rental contract does not have a valid driver’s licence or has a ban on driving motor vehicles
Other: damaged windscreen wipers or locks, loss or theft of outside parts of the vehicle without a police record, damage costs incurred by usage of roof carriers or luggage on carriers, damage caused by improper handling of luggage and or putting cargo or luggage on the roof, hood etc., as well as expenses caused by ignoring sound and visual warnings of the vehicle.
Can fuel be paid in advance?
Yes, it can, and in such a case you do not need to return the vehicle with a full tank. The price of this service depends on the current market price of fuel, and the amount of fuel in the car.
Can the rented vehicle be transported via ferry?
All our customers have freedom of movement with their rental. However, a special fee is charged in such a case.